The institute is fortunate to have learned and dedicated faculty members, each of them having doctorate (Ph.D.) degree and possessing additional professional qualifications like CA, CMA etc. to provide a strong foundation level understanding of Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Law& Management studies to students to help them for further studies such as CA, CS, CMA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, MBA etc.
The institute fosters well balanced and multi-dimensional personality of students, encompassing intellectual, social, physical, moral, emotional and aesthetic aspects. This quest for excellence is reflected in the accolades won by students in academic, sports and cultural activities & competitions held at inter- college, inter university, national as well as international levels.
- Bachelor of Commerce – B.Com (Hons) Three years ( Six semesters) degree programme with 144 credits
- Master of Commerce – M.Com Two years ( Four semesters) Post Graduate degree programme with 80 credits
State Of The Art Facilities
The institute is housed and supported by a very comfortable and nicely designed infrastructure that provides a positive and pleasant atmosphere for the academic and co-curricular activities at the campus. On one hand, fully equipped, Air Conditioned classrooms for IT enabled & joyful teaching-learning process facilitate top of the class academic activity, while on the other hand, various on campus facilities help the overall development of the students. The campus includes modern infrastructural facilities like AC Classrooms, Computer labs, Resourceful Library, Ladies Common Room, CWDC room, Foodista Canteen, Auditorium, Fully equipped Gymnasium- FITT WAVE, Huge playground with Basketball court, Cricket pitch, Kabaddi ground, Football ground Volley-ball and so on. The facility for indoor games includes games like Chess, Carrom, Table-Tennis etc. The institute also provides facilities like lift and ramp for physically handicapped students. The entire campus is covered by a High speed 200 mbps WiFi network for learning beyond the four walls of a classroom. On-campus Medical centre with a qualified doctor has been operational for several years. To ensure the safe and secure environment at the campus, every nook and corner of the Campus is under the CCTV surveillance and guarded by trained security personnel.
- Faculty of Commerce has been awarded ‘ASIA’S MOST TRUSTED BRAND 2018 and 2019 and ‘INDIA’S MOST TRUSTED BRAND’ in 2016 in Education sector.
- Faculty of Commerce has the distinct status of being included in the list of ‘Best colleges’ in the Commerce faculty of the nation in a National Survey conducted by ‘India Today’, a leading magazine; in July 2011, 2014 & 2015, Faculty of Commerce was declared as the 4th Best Emerging Commerce College in the country.
- Certified ISO 9001:2008 by a reputed International Certification Agency, viz., ISOQAR
- Established Accredited Centre for Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) , UK
- Organized two International Conferences in collaboration with CIMA- UK at Sri Lanka in 2017 and at Kuala Lampur, Malaysia in 2019.
- Organized National Conference on “Creativity, Innovation and Technology For Sustainable Growth and Development of Indian Economy.”
FOC - SMPIC College Highlights
- Internationally acclaimed institute with National & International Accolades.
- Premium programme, B.Com. (Hons.) of 3 years with 144 credits.
- Globally relevant curriculum specially designed for the aspirants of the
professional courses like C.A., C.S., C.M.A., M.B.A. and Overseas studies
- Industry relevant & progressive curriculum
- Experienced and well qualiﬁed faculties possessing Doctorate (Ph.D.) degrees and additional professional qualification like CA., CMA, etc..
- Opportunity to pursue ACCA, CIMA, Skill Enhanced Diploma Programmes along with other extra certificate courses.
- International collaborations with leading Academic institutions of various countries like UK., USA, NZ, Germany, Canada, Australia, UAE etc.
- Holistic development of students
- Case Studies/ Practical Class Room Exercises
- Online & Offline Tutorial Classes/ Remedial Classes
- Different Clubs like Management Club, Statistics Club, Finance & Tax Club, Quiz Club etc. to Bridge the Gap Between Theory and Practices
- Different Workshops to Hone the Latent Talent of Students
- Industrial and Educational Visits
- Our Students secure, All India Ranks in CIMA, CA, CS and professional examinations
- ‘KSHITIJ’ – Career Carving Cell providing 100% placement assistance.
- Academic & Beyond- An Expert Lecture Series
- Various Charity Projects and Social Responsibility activities.
- Our Students have secured admission in some of the prestigious institutions like IIMs and other Institutes of international repute.
- Organising International Webinars & Conferences for Faculty Members & National Level Events for College students
Faculty Member play a central role in the student experience, both inside and outside the classroom. No matter what institution you’re talking about, faculty play a massive role in the delivery of a world-class student experience. The institute is fortunate to have learned and dedicated faculty members, each of them having doctorate (Ph.D.) degree and possessing additional professional qualifications like CA, CMA etc.
“KSHITIJ” – Career Carving Cell
The Placement Cell actively and successfully assists the transition of students from campus to corporate life by providing 100% placement assistance with an annual pay package of around 2.5 to 3 lakhs p.a in reputed companies like Tata Consultancy Services, ICICI Bank, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, Trade Bulls, TATA AIG General Insurance Company, Vodafone, Birla Sun Life Insurance, Azure, Anand Rathi Insurance Brokerage Firm, Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd etc.
The Placement Cell of Faculty of Commerce organizes a workshop on ‘Interview Skills and Group Discussion’ as well as ‘Grooming and Etiquettes’ to provide an extra edge to the students appearing for the interviews.
Academic Achievers (Shining Stars Of SMPIC In Professional Exams)
- CIMA Rankers
- MIT KHESKANI secured AIR-1 in Management Level Level.
- BINDIYA JESANI secured AIR-2 in Operational Level.
- CA/CS Rankers
- DEVANSH SHAH secured AIR-1 in CPT examination.
- AASTHA SHAH secured AIR- 32 in CA Intermediate Examination
- RUCHIT VAKHARIA secured AIR-6 in CA Intermediate examination.
- RACHIT SHAH secured AIR-24 in CA Intermediate examination.
- YASHVI SANGHVI secured AIR- 15 in CA Foundation Exam
- VIRAG SHAH secured AIR 43 in CA Intermediate Exam
- YASH CHOKSHI secured AIR-46 in CA Intermediate examination.
- VISHNUVARDHAN IYER secured AIR-21 in CS Foundation examination.
- KHUSHI JAIN secured AIR-22 in CS Foundation examination.
- CHIRAG VIRWANI secured AIR-48 in CA Foundation examination.
- Heena Navani successfully Qualified for UGC- NET while pursuing M.Com.`
- Awarded the title of the 'Best College' at 'Josh' for 9 consecutive years by NAEMD.
- Best C.L. Trophy & 1st Runner Up in Elocution in ‘BE A BANKER’ (National Level Financial Management Festival at Mumbai).
- Faculty of Commerce has been winning many prizes in MONETA, India’s largest financial festival organized by R.A. Podar College, Mumbai since many years.
- Winners at all the major Garba Competitions across Gujarat
- In the Inter-College Talent Hunt ‘Ahmedabad Mirror Talent Hunt’, SMPIC students won both 1st (Rs.1,50,000)and 2nd (Rs. 1,00,000) prizes.
- Two Business Ideas were selected in an International Level Business Pitch Competition organized by Curtin University, Australia.
- Winner in Counter Strike in Cyber Shades 2020 organised by Faculty of Computer Technology(MCA) & Faculty of Computer Application & IT, GLS University.
- Winners in various competitions at Vishleshan Plus, The National Level Management Festival organized by Faculty of Business Administration (NRBBA).
- Dhavaj Haria of SMPIC secured the 15th rank in the World Billiards Championship at the International level.
- Aaditya Zula, Pistol and Single Trap Shooter won the 58th National Shooting Championship
- The institute has produced so many plays and won many prestigious inter college competitions like INT-Guj. Samachar, Veenaveli, Arangam and Guj. University Youth Festival.
- Manna Patel is an International Women’s U19 swimmer, ranked No.1 in India. She has won many international medals and awards. She is a Govt. of Guj. Sponsored player under the ‘Shaktidoot’ project.
- Ujjval Shah travelled from Kashmir to Kanyakumari on bicycle completing 3500 kms. in 27 days for spreading awareness about health and fitness across India.
- 5 students are members of U23 Gujarat state Cricket team, 2 students are members of Gujarat cricket team under-19 and Kavish Panchal has played Under-19 West Zone team for two consecutive years.
- Dhruvil Keswani is a National level Speed Skating player with 8 National level Gold, 42 State level Gold and several Silver and Bronze medals.
- Diksha Dwivedi - Champion in Gujarat State Athletic Championship, selected for Junior Federation Athletics Championship.
- Recipient of I M Nanavati Inter-College Sports Meet CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2020)
- “A Special Mention Award” and “Raising Aspirant Award” at Youth Parliament By Ahmedabad Branch Of WIRC By ICAI