Our school provides doctoral program in below disciplines,
- Computer Application & Information Technology
Here researcher understands research in his/her chosen field while working alongside international leaders. The School values its graduate researchers and assists in every way to ensure that his/her research is well supported. The School provides:
- Dedicated research centre staffed by competent researchers and teachers
- Access to advanced research resources and facilities
- Comprehensive student support networks
GLS University offers outstanding opportunities for post-graduates to pursue their research careers by offering the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree.
The duration of the Ph.D. programme will be generally three years followed by submission of a thesis with 80,000 to 100,000 words. The programme is available on part time basis for all other applicants.
The scholars need to complete one semester of course work (included in the duration of three years), and then periodically appear before the Research and Development Committee, which monitors the scholars’ progress.
Benefits of completing a Ph. D. Degree
- Make an original, distinct contribution to knowledge
- Learn to communicate the research findings effectively within the academia, to the industry and internationally
- Collaborate with world-class, leading experts in one’s field
- Develop key transferable skills highly sought after by employers
- Grow personally and professionally
- Join the community of scholars in one’s discipline
The University is taking several initiatives to support the research student in doing ground breaking research by offering comprehensive, diverse and innovative support to assist in becoming an effective researcher.
There are a broad range of professional development programmes, which seek to successfully support the student through all stages of research and in planning for his/her future career. Beginning with a comprehensive orientation programme, the opportunities include:
- Online support in the form of Research databases, e-journals and web subscriptions
- Practical advice on academic career planning, seeking grants, research communication and publishing in international Journals
Ph. D. Programme
Typically, to be successful, the applicant should have:
- A Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% (50% for SC, ST, OBC – non-creamy layer, Differently Abled and others as well as for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991) marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- Appear for the University’s GReAT (GLS Research and Aptitude Test) and reached the cutoff score.
- Alternatively, the applicant may be exempted from appearing for the test if the applicant –
- has cleared UGC NET/UGC-CSIR NET/SLET/UGC JRF/GATE/M.Phil. OR
- is holding any Teacher Fellowship for research from any national body
- must discuss his/her research area and topic with the RDC (Research & Development Committee) to finalise the research topic
- must then have a short interaction with the allocated guide/supervisor and agree on common research agenda
- Download the Admission form from www.glsuniversity.ac.in. Alternatively, collect the form from the School of Doctoral Research and Innovation, GLS University
- Fill up the form, attach necessary documents and submit the form along with fees of Rs.500 to the office. The form may be submitted in person, or by post/courier
- The applicant will get an acknowledgement in his/her e-mail and get further details regarding the schedule of the GReAT and the schedule for interaction with the Research & Development Committee
- Appear for the test, if applicable. The applicant Will be intimated the outcome of the exam within seven days
- Appear for the interaction with the Research Development Committee and discuss the research area and topic with the committee members
- The applicant will receive an offer of admission by e-mail, giving details about payment of fees and other formalities
- On acceptance of the offer, the applicant is supposed to pay the fees within the stipulated time
- Once the applicant is admitted as a doctoral student, at the University, he/she can begin the studies
Tuition Fees Structure (per semester: Batch 2020-2023)
||School of Doctoral Research & Innovations