The course is multi-disciplinary and aims at providing a foundation in business administration theory that is steeped in contemporary industry practices as well as equippingthe students with robust communication skills to render them effective professionals. More specifically, the programme is intended:
- To equip the students with academic knowledge and understanding of the theory, principles and conceptual framework of business administration and subjects allied to it.
- To inculcate the ability to observe situations and make linkages between academic knowledge and practical applications.
- To develop strong communication skills supporting their role as future managers.
- To ensure that the students learn to critically evaluate and analyse complex situations and hone problem solving skills.
- To help develop the ability to manage oneself and work collaboratively in teams.
- To encourage the students to think creatively and innovatively
Eligibility Norms for Admission to First Year BBA
- The applicant must have passed the Gujarat Higher Secondary Education Board (GHSEB)/Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE)/Indian Council of Secondary Examination (ICSE) or its equivalent under the 10 + 2 pattern in Commerce or Science stream, with the following subjects:
- English and
- Any one of the following:
- Business Mathematics
- The applicant must have obtained the following minimum aggregate marks (i.e., total marks obtained divided by maximum total marks admissible, including marks of all subjects - theory and practical):
- For open category candidates: 45%
- For reserved category (SC/ST/SEBC) candidates: 40%
- BBA with Accounting and Finance Specialisation
- BBA with Marketing Specialisation
- BBA with International Business Specialisation
- BBA with Retail Management
- Dual Degree - BBA + ACCA (UK)
- Dual Course – BBA + CMA (USA)
The institute has set up a well-equipped computer lab having advanced versions of software, Wi-Fi facility, and various software package subscriptions which are useful for the students. The institute has incorporated Moodle in its state-of-the-art computer lab to ensure that the evaluation of its students is objective and effective.
The library of GLS (J P Shah) Institute of Business Administration is a reservoir of knowledge and information. It is a modern, well-stocked, serene facility covering every academic subject offered as a part of the BBA curriculum. The library is a rich repository of books, e-books, journals, magazines, newspapers, past university as well as other colleges' preliminary examination papers and easy study materials. The library allows access to academic e-Journals, e-Books and online databases available through institutional membership of NLIST INFLIBNET programme.
Apart from these, Air – Conditioned, ICT- enabled spacious A.C classrooms, media library, CWDC cell as well as seminar room are some of the highlights of the institute’s modern infrastructure.
- Wide choice of Specialization
- Opportunity of pursuing Dual Specialization
- Opportunity to pursue Dual Degree i.e. BBA with ACCA (UK)
- Balance between theoretical and conceptual frameworks and industry practices
- Case study method, Project work and classroom discussions are the main pedagogical tools
- Choice Based Credit System and Outcome-based Education.
- Emphasis on the development of soft skills such as communication, leadership, teamwork, creativity and academic and creative writing.
- Industry Interface in Academia through Samvaad – Guest lecture Series, Workshops and Seminars.
- Student-centric approach and Student-Driven Activities through different Cells and Clubs
- Close connection with the business world in the delivery of the programme
- The students of the institute have obtained prizes in various state-level and national-level competitions organised to test their co-curricular development like management acumen, analytical skills, branding, decision-making, communication etc.
- Won at various events at TANTALIZE 2020 hosted by Nehru College of Management through online platform. Secured winning positions at Online Quiz, Solo Singing, Choreography, Essay Writing, Elocution, Start-up Initiatives and Short film.
- Won at various events in SPOTLIGHT- Intercollege Talent Search & INNOVISION 2020 - Intercollege National Level Fest which was organised by Faculty of Commerce (SMPIC). Secured winning positions in Classical dance, Eco-freako, western singing, Bollywood singing, B-plan.
- Won at LJ Inspiron 2021 in events including Case study, Business Plan, Ad mad and Debate
- Won at celebrated World Statistics Day at Faculty of Commerce SMPIC, GLS University in Quiz and Poster making
- College Team won the first prize at National Level B-plan Championship organized at IIM Bangalore.
- College Team won 1st runners up in 3 events- Photography, Movie Making and Solo Dance at IIM Indore’s Annual Management and Cultural Fest
- Our College Team won 1st st Prize in Case Analysis, Prize in Parliamentary Debate, 3rd prize in poster making at Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee.
- Rahil Shah won Mr. CEO at TRIFEST organized by KS School of Management Ahmedabad .
- Sharadha Suman stood First in Watch your steps at TRIFEST organized by KS School of Management, Ahmedabad on.
- College Team bagged First Position in Publicite Critique at IMAGE 2020 organized by FOBA (GLSBBA), Ahmedabad .
- College Team bagged First Position in HR360 at IMAGE 2020 organized by FOBA (GLSBBA), Ahmedabad
- College Team stood First in Build the brand at COLOSSEUM organized by Christ college Rajkot.
- College Team stood First in Finding Facts at ARTHSHASTROSAV-Economic fest organized by SMPIC.
- Our Team secured First position in Sectorial Reforms at ARTHSHASTROSAV-Economic fest organized by SMPIC
- Shraddha Suman stood First in Group Discussion at ARTHSHASTROSAV-Economic fest organized by SMPIC
- Our Team secured 1st runner up position in Scarcity Race at ARTHSHASTROSAV-Economic fest organized by SMPIC, Ahmedabad (Gujarat) on 24th January 2020
- College Team secured First positon in Dead eye at ARTHSHASTROSAV-Economic fest organized by SMPIC, Ahmedabad (Gujarat) on 24th January 2020
- Vasant Chaudhary secured second position in Balance Sheet Crunching at INNOVISION organized by SMPIC
- Himani Meratwal stood Second in CEO Challenge at INNOVISION organized by SMPIC, Ahmedabad
Co-Curricular Achievements 2017-18
- VIVIDHA- 2017 - A National Level Meet, organized by Christ College Rajkot on the 3rd of September 2017. The winners were: Inventopreneur : 1st Prize ( Mahima Pandey, Kalpesh Odedra, Viren Lathiya) 2) Twist in the Tale : 1st Prize ( Pranav Balani) 3) Reporters Dairy : 1st Prize (Hemal Shah, Shreyansh Shah, Hatim Sham ) 4) Know the person : 2nd Prize ( Jhanvi Patro)
- Shreyansh Mehta of our institute bagged the first prize and the cash award of Rs 500/- in Vijaypadma Elocution Competition organised by C U Arts College on 25th January 2018. He spoke in favour of the topic ‘ Anaamat vyavstha vargbhed mitane me asafal hai’.
- College won 1st price in Gold Rush, 3rd in Grapevine, Kaleidoscope, Wall Street warriors in Cognoscence is a national level Economic competition fest organised by St. Xavier's College (Autonomous), Ahmedabad.
- Students won in second prize Letz Brand, First Prize in Movie making and About Turn in the Management Fest IMAGE organised by Faculty of Business Adminisrtation, GLS University.
Extra - Curricular activities 2017-18
- I M Nanavati Inter-College Sports Celebration 2017-18 organised by GLS University:Faculty of Business Administration (GLSBBA) became champions in the event of Kabaddi (Boys)
- Students of our institute performed a street play in Aghaz (Street Play) event at Chaos 2018, the cultural fest of IIM Ahmedabad on 26th January 2018 and won the third place. The following presented the street play:
Co-Curricular Achievements 2016-17
- Intellectus 2017 organized by Ahmedabad University on 10th & 11th March 2017:First prize for overall performance, first prize in Extempore and third prize in Essay-writing
- Mahadevbhai Desai Debating Competition organized by L D Arts College on 28th January 2017: Lifted Shri KarnikHathisinghVijaypadma trophy for being the first runner-up in the Competition
- H A Elocution Trophy organized by H A College:Third prize
- ENIGMA 2017 organized by Nirma Institute of Pharmacy Students’ Association on 15th , 16th & 17th February 2017: Second prize in Debate
- Youth Festival Asmita-2017 organized by GLS University on 4th, 5th & 6th February 2017: Second runner-up trophy for overall performance, First trophy in Academic Events, first prize in Skits, first prize in Street-play, first prize in Parliamentary Debate, first prize in Poem Recitation, first prize in Poster-making, second prize in Poetry Completion, second prize in Extempore, third prize in Quiz, third prize in Public Speaking and third prize in On the Spot Painting
- PRATIBIMB-2016 organized by St. Xavier’s College on 17th December 2016: Second prize in Debate
- Mahatma Gandhi Online Quiz Competition organized by P H G Municipal Arts and Science College, Kalol on 2nd October 2016: Third prize
- Gujarat University Inter-zonal Youth Festival hosted by City C U Shah Commerce College on 30th September & 1st October 2016: Second prize in Debate.
- Uniquest-2016 organized by Pacific University, Udaipur on 27th & 28th September 2016: First prize in the event of Dalal Street
- Gujarat University Ellisbridge South Zone inter-collegiate Youth Festival ‘Yugam’ hosted by Khyati College of Science on 23rd, 24th & 25th September 2016: Among best three in events of Poster-making and Debate
- Protsahan-2016 organized by Ganpat University on 18th September 2016: Second prize in Business Quiz and third prize in Face painting
- Vishleshan Plus organized by NRBBA on 15th & 16th September 2016: First prize in Research Paper, first in Business Quiz, second in Classical Dance, third in Duet Singing, third in Case Analysis, third in Film Making, third in Group Dance and third in Bottle-painting.
- Teacher’s Day General Knowledge Quiz Competition organized by P H G Municipal Arts and Science College, Kalol on 3rd September 2016: Second as well as third prize
Extra- Curricular Achievements 2016-17
- Genesis organized by Nirma University on 21st & 22nd February 2017:First prize in Western Group Dance, first prize in True Detective, second prize in Solo Singing, second prize in the event of Mr.&Ms. Genesis.
- Synergy-2017 organized by SAL Institute of Business Management on 20th, 21st & 22nd February 2017:First prize in the event of Drama, second prize in the event of Dance, second prizes in the events of Rangoli and Best Walk.
- Arohan-2017 organized by Shri Jairam Patel Institute of Business Management on 16th & 17th February 2017:
First prize in the event of Ad Mad, first prize in Debate, first prize in Best out of Waste, first prize in Poster-making, first prize in Treasure Hunt, first prize in Western Group Dance, first prize in Skits, second prize in Business Quiz and second prize in Solo Dance
- Youth Festival Asmita-2017 organized by GLS University on 4th, 5th & 6th February 2017: first prize in Skits, first prize in Street-play, first prize in Poster-making, and third prize in On the Spot Painting
- Kaleidoscope-X organized by J G College of Commerce between 27th January and 31st January 2017:First prize in Old Film Songs Competition (Solo), third prize in Old Film Songs Competition (Duet), first prize in Street Play Competition
- Man Edge organized by J G College of Commerce:Third prize
- Navratri Stage Show 2016 organized by Sports Club on 30th September 2016:Second prize for the best performance
- Protsahan-2016 organized by Ganpat University on 18th September 2016:Third prize in Face painting
- Vishleshan Plus organized by NRBBA on 15th & 16th September 2016:Second in Classical Dance, third in Duet Singing, third in Film Making, third in Group Dance and third in Bottle-painting.
A student's “Bon Voyage” begins with his/her admission in GLSIBA and the placement/or a pursuit for higher degree happens to be the climax or culmination of this journey. The objective of the Placement Cell is to provide ample and rightful opportunities to those students who are looking forward for placement after their graduation. The Institute’s Placement Cell intends to bridge the gap between the Industry and the Academia. Holistic development of the students is ensured through a process of high level Teaching-Learning supplemented by co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and Corporate Training. The placement is 100% which means all the students of the institute secured placement in various companies which were invited for campus recruitment. The range of salary offered to the students was between 9500 and 24000 per month. A few of the companies visiting the campus and recruiting the students are:
- Godrej & Boyce
- ICICI Prudential
- HDFC Bank
- Kotak Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Flamingo Travels
- Birla Sunlife
- Tech Mahindra
- Reliable Risk and Wealth Management
- Action Edge
- Star Union Daichi
- Knack Packaging
- Phoenix Business Advisory
||Capt. Raghu Raman
||The former CEO of the National Intelligence Grid
||Mr. Anshu Gupta
||A social entrepreneur who founded Goonj, a non-governmental organisation (NGO)
||Mr. Abhishek Jain
||A filmmaker and the founder of CineMan Productions Limited
||Dr. Fransis Norman
||Curtin Business School
||Ms. Geetarsh Kaur
||An Educationalist, A Trainer, An Image Consultant
||Mr. Anand Pillai
||Managing Director of Leadership Matters, Inc
||Mr. Jeegnesh Vasavda
||A media and entertainment professional
||Mr. J.D Majethia
||An Indian actor, director and producer.
||Major Gaurav Arya
||He is the Consulting Editor for Strategic Affairs at Republic Media Network.
Culture Curry Farewell 2020 with Mr. J D Majethia
Dr. Francis Norman addressing during Panel Discussion
Capt Raghu Raman
Online ANVESH 2021 - Glimpse of Management Events