Owing to the unabated pursuit on the path of academic excellence for more than two decades, Faculty of Commerce is conferred with prestigious awards and accolades at national and international levels like ‘INDIAN ICON OF THE YEAR 2021’, ‘ASIA’S EDUCATION AWARD 2019’ by IBC, USA, ‘ASIA’S MOST TRUSTED BRAND 2016’, being ranked among the ‘Best Commerce Institute’ (Private Universities, Gujarat) by ‘The Week 2021’, ‘3rd Top Emerging College’ & ‘Top 50 Colleges in India’ by ‘India Today’ to mention a few.
With quality education by all the faculty members having Ph.D. degrees, updated and innovative curriculum with robust evaluation system, the institute caters to the academic needs of the students pursuing professional courses like CA, CS, ACCA, CMA, etc., students aspiring to get a high-profile job and also those aiming at successful entrepreneurship. Faculty of Commerce holds the credit of organizing two international conferences in collaboration with CIMA-UK, at Sri Lanka in 2017 and at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2019.
Faculty of Commerce fosters well balanced and multi-dimensional personality of students, encompassing intellectual, social, physical, moral, emotional and aesthetic aspects. This quest for excellence is reflected in the accolades won by students in academic, sports and cultural activities & competitions held at inter- college, inter university, national as well as international levels.
- Bachelor of Commerce – B.Com (Hons) Dual Specialization
1. Specialisation-1 :- Accounting
Specialisation-2:- ( Any one of the following)
- Banking, Insurance & Finance
- Taxation, Finance & Economics
- B.COM. (Hons.) + Business Process Services/ Management (TCS)
- B.Com. (Hons.) + ACCA UK
- B. Com. (Hons.) + CMA USA
The course is multi-disciplinary and aims at providing a strong foundation level understanding of the functioning of business organizations, commercial transactions and various specialised operations such as Accounting, Commerce and Management by offering a comprehensive curriculum. The curriculum is developed considering the desired level of knowledge exposure in the context of the ever changing environment in global business. Globally relevant curriculum specially designed for aspirants of professional courses like CA, CS, ACCA, CMA, MBA, Civil Services, M.Com., Ph.D and Overseas studies.
More specifically, the programme is intended:
- To develop the necessary professional knowledge and skills in Accounting, Commerce and Management, by adopting learner-centric pedagogical practices.
- To make every Commerce graduate eligible for professional studies such as CA, ACCA ICWA/CMA, CS, CIMA, MBA or other Masters Programmes in Commerce/ Management.
- To enhance employability of the students in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Commerce, Management, Banking, Insurance or general job.
- To nurture the students in intellectual, personal, inter-personal and societal skills with focus on holistic education leading to their overall development.
- To provide contemporary curriculum that bridges the gap between theory and practice.
Eligibility Norms For Admission To First Year B.com. Hons.
Applicants must have passed the Gujarat Higher secondary Education Board (GHSEB)/Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE)/Indian Certificate of Secondary (ICSE) or its equivalent examination under 10+2 pattern in Commerce/Science stream .
||B.COM ( Hons)
||No. of Years
||No. of Semesters
||Total no. of courses
||Total teaching weeks(Per Semester)
||Admission & Examination weeks per semester
Evaluation Pattern For B.com Hons.
|Core and Elective Courses
|Soft Skills Courses
- Passing percentage in Internal and External evaluation is 40 each. The components of the internal evaluation will be communicated by the institution at the beginning of the semester.
- External evaluation will consist of University Examination to be conducted by GLS University
State Of The Art Facilities
The institute is housed and supported by a very comfortable and nicely designed infrastructure that provides a positive and pleasant atmosphere for the academic and co-curricular activities at the campus. On one hand, fully equipped, Air-Conditioned classrooms for IT enabled & joyful teaching-learning process facilitate top of the class academic activity, while on the other hand, various on campus facilities help the overall development of the students. The campus includes modern infrastructural facilities like AC Classrooms, Computer labs, Resourceful Library, Ladies Common Room, CWDC room, Foodista Canteen, Auditorium, Fully equipped Gymnasium- FITT WAVE, Huge playground with Basketball court, Cricket pitch, Kabaddi ground, Football ground Volley-ball and so on. The facility for indoor games includes games like Chess, Carrom, Table-Tennis etc. The institute also provides facilities like lift and ramp for physically handicapped students. The entire campus is covered by a high speed 200 mbps Wi-Fi network for learning beyond the four walls of a classroom. On-campus Medical centre with a qualified doctor has been operational for several years. To ensure the safe and secure environment at the campus, every nook and corner of the Campus is under the CCTV surveillance and guarded by trained security personnel.
- Faculty of Commerce has been awarded ‘INDIAN ICON OF THE YEAR 2021’, ‘ASIA’S EDUCATION AWARD 2019’ by IBC, USA, ‘ASIA’S MOST TRUSTED BRAND 2016’ in Education sector.
- Faculty of Commerce has the distinct status of being included in the list of ‘Best colleges’ in the Commerce faculty of the nation in a National Survey conducted by ‘India Today’, a leading magazine; in July 2011, 2014 & 2015, Faculty of Commerce was declared as the 4th Best Emerging Commerce College in the country.
- Certified ISO 9001:2008 by a reputed International Certification Agency, viz., ISOQAR.
- Established Accredited Centre for Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), UK.
- Organized Two Days International Conference on “Empowering Women, Empowering Humanity” in association with WILF-India.
- Organized two International Conferences in collaboration with CIMA- UK at Sri Lanka in 2017 and at Kuala Lampur, Malaysia in 2019.
- Organized National Conference on “Creativity, Innovation and Technology for Sustainable Growth and Development of Indian Economy”, Two Days Virtual International Colloquium on Recent Advances in Accounting, Management, Communication and Technology.
- CA Day Celebration and 4th GST Day Celebration jointly organized by Faculty of Commerce and ICAI -WICASA, Ahmedabad Branch.
- Celebrated International Women’s Day 2022 by awarding phenomenal women and glorious alumni.
Faculty Of Commerce- Highlights
- Internationally acclaimed institute with National & International Accolades.
- Premium programme, B.Com. (Hons.) Dual Sppecialisation of 3 years with 146 credits.
- Globally relevant curriculum specially designed for the aspirants of the professional courses like C.A., C.S., C.M.A., M.B.A. and Overseas studies
- Industry relevant & progressive curriculum
- Experienced and well qualiﬁed faculties possessing Doctorate (Ph.D.) degrees and additional professional qualification like CA., CMA, CS etc.
- Opportunity to pursue ACCA UK, CMA USA, Harvard Business School Online certificate courses.
- International collaborations with leading Academic institutions of various countries like UK., USA, NZ, Germany, Canada, Australia, UAE etc.
- Holistic development of students
- Case Studies/ Practical Class Room Exercises
- Online & Offline Tutorial Classes/ Remedial Classes
- Different Clubs & Forums like Management Club, Statistics Club, Finance & Tax Club, Quiz Club etc. to bridge the gap between theory and practices
- Different Workshops to hone the latent talent of students
- Industrial and Educational Visits
- Our students secure, All India Ranks in CIMA, CA, CS and professional examinations
- ‘KSHITIJ’ – Career Carving Cell providing 100% placement assistance
- Academic & Beyond- An Expert Lecture Series
- Various Charity Projects and Social Responsibility activities
- Our students have secured admission in some of the prestigious institutions like IIMs and other Institutes of international repute.
- Organizing International Webinars & Conferences for Faculty Members & National Level Events for College students
Faculty Member play a central role in the student experience, both inside and outside the classroom. No matter what institution you’re talking about, faculty play a massive role in the delivery of a world-class student experience. The institute is fortunate to have learned and dedicated faculty members, each of them having doctorate (Ph.D.) degree and possessing additional professional qualifications like CA, CMA, CS etc.
“KSHITIJ” – Career Carving Cell
The Placement Cell actively and successfully assists the transition of students from campus to corporate life by providing 100% placement assistance with an annual pay package of around 2.5 to 3 lakhs p.a in reputed companies like Tata Consultancy Services, ICICI Bank, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, Trade Bulls, TATA AIG General Insurance Company, Vodafone, Birla Sun Life Insurance, Azure, Anand Rathi Insurance Brokerage Firm, Searce Company, BookBazaar.Com, Aviate Immigration Services Inc., Revomac Industries, Quarec Resources (HDFC Sales), Unified Brainz, Upman Placements, Appstech Solution, Anand Rathi Insurance Brokers, Azure Knowledge Corporation Pvt. Ltd. etc.
The Placement Cell of Faculty of Commerce organizes a workshop on ‘Interview Skills and Group Discussion’, ‘Resume Writing’ as well as ‘Grooming and Etiquettes’ to provide an extra edge to the students appearing for the interviews.
Academic Achievers (shining Stars Of Faculty Of Commerce In Professional Exams)
- MIT KHESKANI secured AIR-1 in Management Level.
- BINDIYA JESANI secured AIR-2 in Operational Level.
- VANI CHOPRA secured AIR 3 in Management Level.
- DEVANSH SHAH secured AIR-1 in CPT examination.
- YASH CHOKSI secured AIR 46 at CA Intermediate Level and AIR 35 at CA Final Level
- AASTHA SHAH secured AIR- 32 in CA Intermediate Examination
- SIMAR HUDA secured AIR-38 in CA Intermediate Examination
- RIYA SHAH secured AIR-42 in CA Intermediate Examination 2.
- RUCHIT VAKHARIA secured AIR-6 in CA Intermediate examination.
- RACHIT SHAH secured AIR-24 in CA Intermediate examination.
- YASHVI SANGHVI secured AIR- 15 in CA Foundation Exam
- VIRAG SHAH secured AIR 43 in CA Intermediate Exam
- YASH CHOKSHI secured AIR-46 in CA Intermediate examination.
- VISHNUVARDHAN IYER secured AIR-21 in CS Foundation examination.
- KHUSHI JAIN secured AIR-22 in CS Foundation examination.
- CHIRAG VIRWANI secured AIR-48 in CA Foundation examination.
- HEENA NAVANI successfully Qualified for UGC- NET while pursuing M.Com.
Winners in various Management Events and Cultural Events
- Awarded the title of the 'Best College' at 'Josh' for 10 times by NAEMD, 1st Position @ GLS University Youth Festival, K S School of Business Management, B K School of Business Management, SAL Institute of Management Studies, L J Engineering Institute, Nirma University – GENESIS – Fashion Show 1st Prize, Shanti Business School – Baudhika – Fashion Show 1st Prize & Overall Winners, DAIICT – 2020 Fashion Show 1st Prize
- Best C.L. Trophy & 1st Runner Up in Elocution in ‘BE A BANKER’ (National Level Financial Management Festival at Mumbai).
- Faculty of Commerce has been winning many prizes in MONETA, India’s Largest Financial Festival organized by R.A. Podar College, Mumbai since many years.
- Runners up at GLS (J.P. Shah) BBA ‘Image - Celebrity Press conference’
- Runners up in SKIT - SAL Institute of Management Studies
- N. R. BBA – ‘Vishleshan ’ – 1st Prize
- GLS BBA – ‘IMAGE 2020’ – Overall Winner
- Utsav Limbad – Winner ‘RED FM 94.3 ka Tashanbaaz – Music’
- Winners in the Inter-College Talent Hunt ‘Ahmedabad Mirror Talent Hunt’, Students from Faculty of Commence won both 1st (Rs.1,50,000) and 2nd (Rs. 1,00,000) prizes.
- Two Business Ideas were selected in an International Level Business Pitch Competition organized by Curtin University, Australia.
- Winner in ‘Counter Strike’ in Cyber Shades 2020 organised by Faculty of Computer Technology (MCA) & Faculty of Computer Application & IT, GLS University.
- ‘A Special Mention Award’ and ‘Raising Aspirant Award’ at Youth Parliament by Ahmedabad Branch Of WIRC by ICAI
Winners of Garba/Folk Dance Performances 1st Prize @
- SPORTS CLUB Inter collegiate Garba competition
- Gymkhana Club Inter collegiate Garba competition
- Gulmohar Greens Club Inter collegiate Garba Competition
Drama Winners: ONE ACT PLAY @
The institute has produced many plays and won in different prestigious inter collegiate competitions like INT-Guj. Samachar, Veenaveli, Arangam and University Youth Festival.
- Recipient of I M Nanavati Inter-College Sports Meet CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY (2015, 2016, 2017 & 2020)
- Maana Patel , an International Women’s U19 swimmer, became the first India Woman and third swimmer to qualify and perform for the prestigious Tokyo Olympics Games. She has won many international medals and awards. She is a Govt. of Guj. Sponsored player under the ‘Shaktidoot’ project.
- Dhavaj Haria secured the 15th rank in the World Billiards Championship at the International level.
- Aaditya Zula, Pistol and Single Trap Shooter, won the 58th National Shooting Championship.
- Ujjval Shah travelled from Kashmir to Kanyakumari on bicycle completing 3500 kms. in 27 days for spreading awareness about health and fitness across India.
- Numerous Students are selected and playing cricket in Under-19 and Under 23 Gujarat state Cricket team.
- Kavish Panchal has played Under-19 West Zone team for two consecutive years, Rohan Patel played for U-19 Gujarat Cricket Association in Vinoo Mankad Trophy and Cooch Bihar Trophy, Smit Patel was the part of team GUJARAT U25 that remained the champion of all INDIA men’s U25 one day league organized by BCCI played at Bangalore. He got chance to bat in 5 innings and scored total 260 runs and ranked 24th highest run scorer in all INDIA.
- Dhruvil Keswani is a National level Speed Skating player with 8 National level Gold, 42 State level Gold and several Silver and Bronze medals.
- Diksha Dwivedi - Champion in Gujarat State Athletic Championship, selected for Junior Federation Athletics Championship, secured 10th position in 81st All India Inter University Athletics Championship 2021-22 organized by Kitt University, Bhubaneshwar.
- Shantanu Kashyap won the Gold Medal at State Level in 50 Meter free pistol event organized by 56th Gujarat State Shooting Championship.
- Jay Rochwani is the winner at UTR in singles event at Hyderabad. He is also a runner up at AITA CS -7 under 18 doubles at Amritsar and Guwahati. He has the best AITA ranking 150 in under 18.